return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Hybrid Possibility Info Please......

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Gecko Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: REPTILE4U at Thu Jul 26 22:02:17 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by REPTILE4U ]  

You know the reasoning, as I stated in my original post, I had no need to remove the White Line as they were getting along. Many keepers and Authors of Crested books keep other species that aren't related with Cresteds. But you had to go assuming, and we all know what that does. Only reason I haven't commented sooner, I don't feel that people who call me asinine without any aggression or name calling on my part really deserve my time. Nile, you however, you atleast made this statement:

"Just like to note here, Im not trying to start an arguement.

But this is something I feel strongly about, both as a person and as a conservationist; and as such, feel a need to state my opinion here."

No problem, we all have our opinions. But I do feel that you guys have been fairly rude, aggressive, and have assumed way to much. And I don't really feel as though I should have to defend myself to a post as simple as the one I put up. I didn't ask for opinions on making hybrids, b/c as I stated, "It was purely accidental." But you said this:

" Im not going to try to figure out your reasoning, because it could be something as innocent as not wanting to buy a new cage, to something as sneaky as wanting this whole thing to happen in the first place and just coming on here saying you didnt. "

I mean, you make it sound like this is some conspiracy. I am not a child and I don't have any reason for lying, so before you go assuming, make sure you have the right type of person.

One more argument I would like to defend:

"Basically, its rape. And for the record, YES, i DO agree with abortion if the child is the result of a rape. (while I realize that much of reptile mating could be seen as rape from this perspective; i see interspecies mating as a different matter, as likely the female knows that something isnt right with the situation, but cannot do anything due to being overpowered by said horny male- ive handled both adult male crestys and adult white lined, and there would be no problem for a large male cresty to overpower and mate with a female white line) "

Ok, first, your opinion, and you are entitled to it. But before you make that comment, did you think about the fact that the majority of Reptile breeding that takes place has a male pinning down and overpowering the female?? Kingsnakes, *CRESTEDS*, Leopard Geckos, Beardeds sometime. Atleast make your arguments make sense.

One last thing, sorry if this irritates you nile, I just felt as though I should defend myself to these assumptions. If you don't agree with it, I understand that, but next time to give someone your opinions, even though you feel strongly about them, you don't have to be abrasive about it. Sorry we had to meet on these terms.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Hybrid Possibility Info Please...... - nile_keepr, Fri Jul 27 00:16:02 2007

<< Previous Message:  RE: Hybrid Possibility Info Please...... - nile_keepr, Thu Jul 26 21:41:17 2007