return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Mom issues.. advice needed!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Herps and Kids ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: laurarfl at Thu Aug 16 07:13:20 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by laurarfl ]  

Well, you might not like my answer....

You might just have to wait until you get your own house! I'm a mom and I have two girls, 13 and 11. I'll tell you, the more kids bug their parents for something, the more the parents get aggravated and the less likely they are to say, "Yes." You definitely don't want to pit your parents against each other, but your dad may be able to talk to your mom for you. My mom hates, hates, hates snakes and I never had any pets as a kid unless I just brought them home and snuck them into my room. I studied animals in college, work as a vet tech to pay for school, cared for horses and rats and worked in research at the U of Fl, and eventually studied in human health care. I didn't like working in the hospital, so I used my science background to become a science teacher and also homeschool my girls. We have 6 lizards, a gator, 10 snakes, frogs, bugs, and we use them in our family business to educate people about reptiles. So, I waited and then had all the pets I wanted!

My youngest has pet snakes and she also trains in classical ballet at our pre-professional ballet school. She's very lady-like. If you'd like to check us out, our website is www.zoomomscience.com

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  CA Press: Slimy Science - W von Papineäu, Tue Jul 31 07:37:51 2007
<< Previous topic:  My Educational Program is... - killr_silhouette, Fri Jul 13 22:49:44 2007