return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Pessimists are we?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Dart & Mantella Frogs ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: triniian at Sat Jul 28 22:04:08 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by triniian ]  

How can you two be so negative? I love reptiles magazine and I thoroughly enjoyed this article, if not more than for the debate it was sure to have raised. Excuse my ranting, but I must continue.

We don't exactly know this guy's background - for all we know he could a renown biologist that has studied multiple specie enclosures for decades.

We are all entitled to opinions and a freedom of voice. Anyone who is aware of our freedoms know that debating is the way to settle differing views, not arguing - as arguing leads to actions which infringe upon the rights of others! Then again, not taking action results in the loss of your rights. Act! Write those letters! Spawn some debates - if we educate one, then we've made a move in the right direction. Sitting and arguing gets us nowhere.

I think the idea of his enclosure is wildly exciting. While nothing I would ever consider, it makes you actually wonder what research he did put into it and how things are working out. Speculation is about as reliable as the weather. Before I blurt out "I told you so" - has anyone tried finding out more info?

If you wish to educate, use this as an example and provide specific arguments why what this guy has done is not recommended.

I think we ought to be leading by example. I think that we should not denigrate him unless we find out more. Seriously - we all know that many more animals suffer at the hands of the uneducated than at this guy's expense. Plus - this guy has to have some interest in the species... he built it himself! Have either of you never lost an animal to the hands of inexperience? We should certainly hope that even if this doesn't work out - he will learn and make it a habitat for fewer species/specimens.

I thoroughly enjoy both of your contributions to this forum. I also enjoy this forum because it is one of learning, sharing, caring and positivity. I learned so much about darts from you two and I am sure that countless others have too!

Stay positive... that's all.

Thanks.
-----
-Iman

1.1 BRBs (Ying and Yang)
1.1 JCPs (Striker and Sheila)
0.0.2 BPs (Spot and Speck)
0.0.4 Dendrobates Tinctorius 'Suriname Cobalts'
0.0.4 Dendrobates Auratus 'Costa Rican Green and Black'
5.5 Fish (Insert your favorite names here)
1.0 Miniature Daschund (Rue)

Loving to Learn
Learning to Help
Helping to Love

Stimulate debates, stifle arguments.
Please be nice always.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Pessimists are we? - otis07, Sun Jul 29 09:54:31 2007 image in post
>> Next Message:  RE: Pessimists are we? - Slaytonp, Sun Jul 29 12:28:38 2007
>> Next Message:  RE: Pessimists are we? - Slaytonp, Sun Jul 29 13:07:16 2007

<< Previous Message:  RE: reptiles magazine "living vivarium" - otis07, Fri Jul 27 22:29:18 2007