return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: New owner with questions!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Dumerils Boas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: snakers at Tue Jul 31 14:40:56 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by snakers ]  

The minumum temp at night is probably mid to high 60's In the day there is a basking spot that hits MAX 90 degrees if I keep my room locked up. If I don't it ranges in the high 80s.

Reading everyones earlier posts is making me think my cage might be to big for her now and she dose not feel secure. Its 5ft long 1 ft wide and 19in tall. And She's about 29in. I'm still not sure how old she is. I doubt she's been a very good eater in the past. I have plenty of bedding for her to burrow, 2 hide boxes (one at each end) and a big soaking tub which she soaks in regularly and for a good lenghth of time, and I mist the cage every few days.

To go with thecaiman's post about soaking and running your fingers over the unshed skin: I have tried that. The skin seems to be very stubborn. Maybe a visit to the vet should be in order about the skin?

Thanks for all your help!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: New owner with questions! - reptilicus81, Wed Aug 1 20:52:12 2007
>> Next Message:  RE: New owner with questions! - blackpine, Wed Aug 1 22:02:31 2007

<< Previous Message:  RE: New owner with questions! - blackpine, Tue Jul 31 09:24:31 2007