return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

Yay! New driftwood!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Dart & Mantella Frogs ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: e&t at Sun Aug 5 23:11:06 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by e&t ]  

Ok, I went to a creek way out in the country a few hours ago, and I picked out a lot of new driftwood. I cleaned it all with the hose, and I'm gonna leave it all out all day tomorrow on the porch to dry. It's some of the most amazing looking driftwood I've ever seen. Quite a bit of it was a root structure that was submerged...got kinda dirty diggin it out. I'm hopin' the setups I use this wood in look good enough to be worth all the work I put into this. I probably got about 100 pounds of wood, and had to make 3 or 4 trips from way upstream in the creek to the car to get it all. I thought bringin a couple pillowcases would be enough to carry it al...I was wrong. The entire back of out Trailblazer was full of driftwood. That's two rows of seats plus a trunk thing. By the time I got home, I was covered in mud, dirt, water, sand, wood chunks that broke off, leaves, and more mud. But, if you could see this wood, you'd know it was worth it. This driftwood is NICE!!! I got a little carried away, but who cares, now I'll have a little extra...er, a lot extra. I'll be able to set up a killer dart frog tank, and I'll prolly have enough to do a background too. And I'll still have A LOT left. So, now I have pretty much everything I need BUT a tank...weird. I'll have an extra tank pretty soon, and then I'll FINALLY be able to set up a dart frog tank!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Yay! New driftwood! - AndrewFromSoCal, Mon Aug 6 04:24:16 2007
>> Next Message:  RE: Yay! New driftwood! - skronkykong, Mon Aug 6 14:09:04 2007
>> Next Message:  RE: Yay! New driftwood! - Slaytonp, Mon Aug 6 22:15:47 2007