return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Would like some info

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Frilled Dragons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Breaker at Thu Nov 1 13:34:38 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Breaker ]  

ok well... ive read a billion care sheets and they seem to agree on most things, but your right, much of it conflicts. I saw a care sheet once that said to keep the temp well over 120... wow.... but anyways...this sounds about right and ill furthur discuss the sheet once youve read it. http://www.repticzone.com/caresheets/157.html
ok, ill discuss the topics that it presents. Sexing and characteristics, right on...
Ok here we go Substrate and water needs, not specific enough.. ok make sure there is a water bowl that the frilled dragon can sulk in without the water reaching the head. If the frilled "goes" in the pan change it about everyday, if not, about 2 times a week. For a young frillie i recommend repticarpet, or something along those lines so the young frillie can get around easy and catch prey. Adults can have a numbe rof things since they like to climb and are not on the ground too much. Use your common sense, pick somehting that will keep humidity between 55-70, and is comfortable and digestible if in small enough bits to eat, like soil for instance. I use trex forest bed expandable substrate. WIth that i plant live plants to keep in humidity, although my frilled likes fake plants better cuz they are sturdier.

Lighting and UVB: right on, except I would do 12-14 hours of light, 12 in winter and 14 in summer. More specifically, id say 100-150 watt heat bulb depending on if your house is usually cool or warm.

Temperatures and Humidity: dead on

Heating and Equipment: fine

Caging Provided: dead on- and keep that in mind, a frillie wont live confortably in a small cage so if u cant afford the bigger cage... I wouldnt get a frillie.

Diets.. supplements... nutrition....about right....
But more specifically, you can see for yourself how much your frillie needs to eat. Its simple, when the frillie is full, he/she will stop eating... so always offer food at first to get a feel for how often the frillie wants to eat and how much. More specifically with vitamins.. i use rep cal herpative 1/4 times that I feed her and calcium with vitamin D4 1/2 times that i feed her, as well as gutloading the crickets with the Flukers cricket feed and cricket quencher.

Maintenance: Ok... but a lot on how often you clean the cage depends on what kind of substrate... If your using the forest bed by trex u can scoop out poop easily so I change mine once a month. When she was on newspaper and then the repti carpet, i had to change it once a week.

Well the rest is ur decision, if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Would like some info - TroublemakinReptiles, Tue Oct 30 15:27:05 2007