return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

Basic Nephrurus amyae care

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Gecko Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Lizards of Oz at Fri Nov 9 18:33:57 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Lizards of Oz ]  

Rainer
I'd be happy to help you out with any of these questions you may have. Here is some basic care information for the Nephrurus amyae off of my website. This is what works for me anyway.

Nephrurus amyae Basic Care:
It has been my experience that these are very easy to keep. I am going to give you information on the basics of a breeder set up for these guys, but you can certainly utilize a more naturalistic vivarium if you choose to set them up for display. I have mine set up in Boaphile Plastics “Five Drawer Sideways (Sterilite) Blanket RhinoRaxx” racks. These are very nice racks, which I highly recommend, but any rack will work just fine. I keep them in my shoebox racks as hatchling and move them up to Sterilite #1754 sweater boxes as adults. I put adult females in the Sterilite #1756 blanket boxes for breeding. The temps are in the upper 80’s at the warm end of the cage. I keep them in a dry environment with a red sand substrate ½” deep. In the box I keep a medium 6” plastic plant saucer turned upside down with a hole cut in the side. I keep this on the cool end of the box. As adult females for breeding I add a medium sized Rubbermaid container with a hole cut in the lid filled with a damp peat moss / sand mix. The females will utilize this as an egg-laying container. Females of this species always seem to shed just days before laying a clutch, so if you have a female that you know is gravid and she sheds you will want to start watching her closely and make sure she has an appropriate place to lay her eggs. I feed all of my geckos in the evening as they are nocturnal and this seems to work best for me. I offer them appropriately sized crickets or Blaptica dubia, which have been dusted with a calcium supplement such as (Miner-All Indoor). They require very little moisture, which is supplied in the form of a gentle mist every other day at feeding time. These are the basics you need to know to successfully keep this species based on my experience and what has worked for me. I am always happy to supply my customers with additional information or answer any questions you may have along the way.

Matt Ozsvath

Lizards of Oz

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Nephrurus wheeleri V.S. amyae - Bluerosy, Tue Nov 6 13:52:30 2007