return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Venimoids??

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Venomoid ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: PoeMan at Sun Aug 15 12:12:05 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by PoeMan ]  

County
I have been working with hots for about 20 yrs, properly. Before that I, like a lot of kids growing up in Kentucky, messed with em.

Now..Am a Police Command Officer and the Founder / Director of the S/E Michigan Reptile Rescue. We deal exclusively with Large / Aggressive / Venomous Reptiles. I do numerous seminars on captive care / husbandry of reptiles, and do direct training seminars for Animal Control Officers. Been on Animal Planet a few times as well.

I get flamed on these forums many times. I run into so many people, who think they know everything, that want to show you how superior they are to you.

If they can't burn you on the actual topic or meat there of they will hit you on spelling, grammar, or proper use of the forums. It really has the feel of an "Ol Boys Club" sometimes on the net.

So please be patient and explore as many sites as possible. Some, like me, are very busy with herping and work and don't have much time for being online.

Now as to your question...Have handle a few Venomoids. So let me go over a few points.

#1: Treat like they are still hot
Glands may be gone, but, how much do you know about the person who performed the removal

#2: Venom may be gone, but, the bacteria in the mouth can really do you some harm. A Mangrove snake is considered a harmless rear fanged snake. Yet there are people, who have had an alergic reaction to their venom, that have died. Same could hold true for the bateria in a Venomoid.

#3: As with any reptile seek medical attention if bitten.

#4: Even the best handlers in the world get bitten.
-----
2 A. Miss at 8'
5 A. Miss at 3'-5'
1 C. Nil at 9'
1 C. Croc at 6.5'
and
6 A. Miss/C. Croc 2'-3'

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Isn't this the venomoid forum ?? - snake26, Mon Jan 14 01:44:31 2008
<< Previous topic:  De Venomized? - Lamiellm, Sat Sep 15 10:03:08 2007