return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Pics of my skink cages

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Skinks ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: OliveJewel at Sat Mar 8 17:42:27 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by OliveJewel ]  

Hi, this is about the Eugongylus albofasciata. I remember you wrote me about a year ago about how you had one, Minerva. You asked how I kept mine and I was always embarassed cuz mine was in such a small cage. Then it's funny that you keep yours in a tub now. I now have mine in a much bigger cage, a vision cage about 4 feet long and 3 feet deep and 2 feet high. Anyways, yes, she stays hidden a lot too. It IS neat when I see her out though. She now has a basking light (before just a heat mat) and she comes and basks under it occasionally. She eats all kinds of insects and occasionally pinkies. A great eater. And I think she is gorgeous and wish I could see her more, but if she is comfortable hiding, that's okay. Her cage has a big water dish, but now she isn't soaking as much as she used to in her smaller pyrex baking dish (I cover the water dish to give her privacy). Also, she has more stuff to climb on which she does occasionally, but mostly just hides. I think I will get another one at this years reptile show. I saw them there last year and hope they are there again. Maybe with two they will be more interactive.
Also, the Schneider is in a bigger cage now too. I will take pics and post them as well.
-----
Lisa Rakestraw
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 Corucia zebrata
6 Egernia striolata
1 Eugongylus albofasciata
1 Eumeces schneideri

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Pics of my skink cages - JackAsp, Fri Mar 21 03:56:53 2008

<< Previous Message:  RE: Pics of my skink cages - JackAsp, Wed Jan 30 00:22:32 2008