return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Frogs that sound nice

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Tree Frogs ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: CKing at Sun Jul 20 01:09:19 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by CKing ]  

>>Thanks for the info. I've heard the coquis within 10 feet of me, I like the sound, it wouldn't bother me to have a couple of them. Any of those other 3 would be nice too, and it sounds good that you say they are hardy. I did think it would be much easier to find and buy online. It seem like I only see the same 10 species or so that are sold everywhere. None of the ones I want tho. Do you have any suggestions where I could find them?>>

The bird-voiced treefrog is quite rare in captivity, and not often seen on dealer price lists. Ditto chorus frogs and spring peepers. The small size of these species may have a lot to do with their rarity in collections. Most of the species for sale are usually 2-3 inches long or more. Of course only males call but most of the wild caught individuals sold in pet shops are males since they are most likely to hang around ponds, streams and marshes than females. Females usually do not appear until ready to breed and leave as soon as the eggs are laid, probably to avoid unwanted sexual advances and/or unnecessary exposure to predators.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Frogs that sound nice - copa10, Fri Jan 25 15:04:09 2008