return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Chain stores

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Crested Geckos ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Chris_Burton at Sat Feb 2 01:51:01 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Chris_Burton ]  

I got two of my geckos at petco, one was up for adoption at $10 and is absolutely beautiful when fired up. She's a simple little yellow and olive tiger but I bought her for companionship not beauty (although she has proven to be very beautiful). I figured that being at such a low cost some ignorant fool would come in with their child and be conned into buying her so as to save her from a fate less fortunate she came into my care.

The other is a male, I bought him at another, much larger petco for the full price. I want to say he's a patternless but to be honest i think his body isn't even sure what he is. I've found him in all sorts of different modes from a rusted out orange to a slate gray with things ranging from marble striping to nothing. He has dalmatian spots, some of which are red and he has some scaring here and there. His temperament has shown to be most relaxed and I couldn't be happier I paid the money I did to get him.

I *never* buy from a pet store that I have witnessed first hand neglecting their charges, and when informed don't immediately show concern or a determination to fix the problem, and have it fixed by the next time I return. I have stopped visiting 5 stores in the D-FW metroplex because they cannot fulfill my expectations of what a pet store should do, And I pray that each and every person on this website follows a similar mindset.

Point is; If the store is doing my job I feel they are entitled to a portion of my paycheck. If I feel they stop doing their job, they can go bankrupt for all I care.
Just know the facts before you enter a store because you get mixed information from people being pressured to make a sell.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Chain stores - warnersister, Mon Feb 4 17:47:08 2008

<< Previous Message:  RE: it should work this time... - koi_koi13, Thu Jan 31 19:45:28 2008