return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

TSpuckler

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Salamanders & Newts ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: boxienuts at Tue Jan 29 08:03:11 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by boxienuts ]  

Tim
Just recieved my March Reptiles magazine yesterday. Just wanted to tell you that I really enjoyed your article. I think it's great the work and educating that you are doing with the high school kids. It made me think that maybe I should look into a way to give back to honor those that inspired me as a kid. I already do that as a master gardener, but perhaps I should as a herp and amphibian nut too. I can really relate to the the spring peeper as one of the first signs of spring, as that occurs here in Iowa as well, I always enjoy hearing them. Later we have the calling of the gray tree frog, which is really neat too, they come to my garden pond in my back yard along with the american toad. My wife complains a little because I built the pond right below our bedroom window, but it's music to my ears Kind of a "lulla bye" to fall asleep to. Of course we don't have near the salamander diversity here though, as you do in Ohio, that must have been a glorious site, the migration that you witnessed years ago.
Take care and keep up the good work, I really enjoyed the article, nice job!!!
Jeff
-----
1.0 pastel ball python
0.1 mojave ball python
0.1 normal ball python
0.2 3-toed box turtles
2.3 eastern box turtles
0.0.5 3-striped mud turtle
1.0 northern diamondback terrapin
2.1 tiger salamander
1.1 red-sided garter
1.0 anerythristic red-sided garter
1.1 Iowa snow plains garter
1.1 Het butter stripe cornsnake
0.1 anerythristic motley cornsnake

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: TSpuckler - tspuckler, Tue Jan 29 12:44:37 2008 image in post