return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Previous breeding posts…..

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Anacondas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Ben_Renick at Tue Feb 5 09:42:04 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Ben_Renick ]  

Thanks Kelly! I will definently be taking good records of anything produced this year. The two female greens I'm breeding this year are both around 6 years old, one is a little over 9', the other is a little over 10'. Definently smaller for their age, but still eat like there is no tomorrow! I'm cycling two males through the females, but I have only noticed one of them showing any interest, he is 4 years, around 8'-9' as well. The other is only 3 years, and much smaller.

As for the histories, those are actually the two females that are breeding this season. They were purchased as captive bred (which you never know sometimes), as for the origins, I'm not sure, I'll send an email and see if I can get some more background information for you!

I'm hoping that Marble takes as well Mike! Her feeding response shut off for awhile, kicked on for awhile, and is currently slowing down. The same goes for the other Yellows I'm breeding, once the cycling started and males started cycling through, their feeding kicked off. Over the last couple months, it has kicked back on. Everything is still being cycled and males are still working the females like there is no tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes!

Thanks,
Ben
www.benrenick.com

"Ben, great breeding shots you took. It looks like you have a pretty good chance of producing several litters this year. I would also be interested in the stats of the young on any greens that you produce this year. What are the sizes and ages of the female greens that are breeding for you this year? Also, those headshot photos you posted a few weeks back were excellent, and you have one of the most diverse groups of greens I have seen. I was particularly interested in the greens shown in the 3rd and 6th photos. They showed the ocular stripe colors that were more of the green background color typical of Amazon basin specimens. Most of the greens Jud and I work with are of this type. Do you know the histories on them by any chance?
"
-----
Ben R.
www.benrenick.com

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Previous breeding posts….. - Kelly_Haller, Sat Feb 2 16:51:54 2008