return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: banded geckos

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Gecko Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Chris_McMartin at Fri Feb 22 21:35:39 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Chris_McMartin ]  

>>There's a limit of two for banded geckos in CA. A few that come in mind with a limit of 25, are desert night lizard, side blotches and certain sceloporous. But, the guideline states a total of 25 in the aggregate. What exactly do they mean with that? Is this a total of individual allowed to posses of a specific species in that list(sideblotch, for example)whether collected or captive breed? Or a total of lizards allowed to posses in that group/list of lizards?

"In the aggregate" means of the species listed, you can have a grand total of 25 specimens mixed-and-matched from the list, i.e. 5 skinks, 17 fence lizards, and 3 side-blotches, or 8 night lizards, 8 side blotches, 9 skinks, etc. It matters not whether they're captive-bred or wild-caught (because fish & game officials can't tell the difference).

This higher limit for certain species is a concession made to snake keepers who collect these common lizards to feed to their lizard-eating snakes...I got this from CA herp keepers who were around when the laws were being written. So basically, it's OK to catch 25 of these lizards, feed them to snakes, go out and catch 25 more, and so on; but heaven forbid you take 2 geckos and breed them (putting you over the limit).

-----
Chris McMartin
www.mcmartinville.com
I'm Not a Herpetologist, but I Play One on the Internet

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Day Gecko - CKPinkD, Tue Feb 19 15:24:22 2008
<< Previous topic:  Golden Gecko - Dropped Tail - Howitser, Mon Feb 18 07:00:36 2008