return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

sick yellow anaconda

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Anacondas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: imdup at Sun Mar 23 11:05:59 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by imdup ]  

Dear members,
I am the proud "mother" of a baby yellow anaconda. "Anna" is already a firm favorite in our house hold. I can not establish her age exactly, but she measures about 500 cm. According to the pet shop she is a few months old. We bought her two weeks ago, but Anna does not want to eat. (Hello, she sleeps next to her prey on the heat pad!!) She is docile, loves to be touched and spends about 9 hours a day outside her cage, in our hands / laps. Anna has started wheezing and I see that she has some "water" bubbles on her nose. Could she have a cold perhaps? We live in South Africa, in a moderate climate (av 24 degrees in the day.) Anna has a cage where she has a huge water bowl for swimming, a heat pad and some loose tree bark. Are we doing something wrong? Since it is Easter weekend, I don't think I could get to a vet. Anybody out there that could tell me anything. Also, is it normal for an anaconda to be so docile? She loves being touched and would often, even if we put her on the ground to explore, go straight back to my husband and crawl into his lap. Regards, Ingrid.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: sick yellow anaconda - rottenweiler9, Sun Mar 23 18:47:59 2008