return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: MMFH, how are the hatchlings?....N/P

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Crested Geckos ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Severa at Tue Apr 1 21:31:34 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Severa ]  

Glad to hear that everything is going well! Not many do it perfectly their first time regardless of how much they read and prepare.
There is alot of controversy about feeding cresties alot of baby food. Do a little bit of research on it so you are aware of possible long term effects. I would deffinately start them off as early as possible on CGD/MRP. By the time I figured out what diet I wanted to concentrate them on, they were so spoiled on baby food mixed with CGD that it was hard to get them on CGD by itself. I am only giving you this tip because you have a clean slate with these 2 and more to come. Plus it is a good selling point should you want to sell them.
Your 1/4 inch crickets will grow quickly on you which is OK because you have bigger cresties to feed. You may want to go even smaller on the next batch of crickets if these grow too quickly. I vary the diets with the hatchlings and another live prey I feed are fruit flies. Some pet stores carry them in cultures and you can get a good many out of the cultures. The flies are pretty slow and stupid but they entice the babies. Some people don't like fooling with the flies because the cresties outgrow them quickly. I like to vary a diet as much as possible plus I like having them on the flies until they get the knack for catching the faster crickets. To each their own.
Please keep us posted and take some pics. Eye candy has been so far and few on this board lately.
Best of Luck!

Severa

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: MMFH, how are the hatchlings?....N/P - mmfh, Tue Apr 1 22:35:43 2008

<< Previous Message:  RE: MMFH, how are the hatchlings?....N/P - mmfh, Tue Apr 1 18:03:40 2008