return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Sick redfoot?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Red & Yellow Foot Tortoises ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: allegraf at Mon Apr 21 12:49:36 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by allegraf ]  

The easiest thing you can do if you have a yard is plant a few hibiscus plants. Mine love the flowers and the leaves. I am very liberal with my feeding schedule for the adults. Usually they get fed fruit every two or three feedings, they get fed everyday and they get fed alot (they are quite greedy little buggers). If I am out of fruits then they get 3-4 days of greens. I am a firm believer in variety. Who wants to eat the same thing everyday? The hatchlings I am a bit more strict and on schedule. I feed them every day. Three feedings of greens to one of fruit. They are also loving the hibiscus and flowers. Surprisingly they also like the cactus and the cactus fruit.

Everyone has different opinions of what to feed and how often. I feel as though they should get fed daily. If they were in the wild they would eat when they are hungry and stop when they are not. I do know that I am lucky in that I keep mine outside almost all year round and the weather is suitable for the redfoots (i.e. high humdity and heat). It is alot easier to clean outdoor pens than indoor ones!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Choco Red-foot tortoise, any information - vidusa, Tue Apr 8 10:56:16 2008
<< Previous topic:  question about redfoots eating - dandjreptiles, Thu Apr 3 15:16:16 2008