return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Basilisk . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Garter Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Ant vacuum info

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Horned Lizards ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: fireside3 at Tue May 13 16:34:39 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by fireside3 ]  

Yes, we have an abundance of mesquite here. Some people think it's the state tree. I use the bettles on occasion when I find seed pods with them. I've used different things to get feeding response back up when some HLs got burned out on the standard fare, but I'm very conservative with what I don't know.

Right now my female hernandesi is on food strike after wanting nothing but Pogos for the last 2 months. She is just getting over about 12 weeks of illness, and just now back over 40g. I really think the Pogos had something to do with the recovery. I had 6 that were ill, and none if them improved until it finally got warm enough to gather Pogos. The juvenile solare has doubled her weight just since I started gathering Pogos. I believe I responded to a post about solare weights a while ago, and cited a weight of 25-27g or so for her. She is now 44g. The hernandesi at the present time cares only for anything with wings. Won't touch a cricket, or waxworm, dusted or not. Watching her have a go at June bugs is quite entertaining, but she can't tackle that. I have experimented with what appears to be Mayflys, and she does likes those.

-----
freewebs.com/wichitafallsreptilerescue

groups.yahoo.com/group/HornedLizards

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Ant vacuum info - Cable_Hogue, Tue May 13 08:56:52 2008