return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

Diformeties in baby skinks

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Skinks ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: viperhare at Thu Apr 24 15:32:02 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by viperhare ]  

I just opened up another Tribolonotus gracilis egg tonight because it had been cooking for over 90 days at a temp of 23 to 24 degrees celsius.

Last januari a had my first captive bred Tribo, which hatched after 92 days (normal time is 68 to 75 days) This animal is growing well.

I have another one I bought from a vender on a reptile show which hatched in his possesion, but he only imports!

In the mean time I lost my best female which I had for 4 years due to mouth-rot (as a result of depleting her calcium supplies and not enough minerals/vitamins), This is the mother of my hatchling that survived. She had layed 2 more eggs after that, both produced death and deformed young!

The deformities where on the skull, the first missed one eye and the upper jaw was bent to the left resulting in a cross beak apperance..

The second young I took out of the egg tonight and this one is missing both eyes! And the upper jaw is smaller then the lower jaw!

I need help with identifying the cause of the problems, this because I have several eggs cooking and some are on their way!

I have changed their diet to include mealworms loaded with vitamins and calcium/phospor supplements. Crickets are fed twice a week (and are left inside the enclosure). Other food items are spiders, waxworms and earthworms.

The incubator temperature has been upgraded to 27 degrees celsius..

Any comments are welcome!

Below are some pictures of my youngsters...

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]