return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Retry of the Inclosure pic.

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Water Dragons & Basilisks ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: carnifex at Thu Jun 19 10:41:35 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by carnifex ]  

WOW, the thing i read said tilapia had no vitamin A! that could very well be the issue! i guess i will invest in a roach colony. Discoids! i'll suppliment with earthworms and just force him to eat kingworms, he will if he's hungry enough.

maybe i'll set up a 20gal long for feeding him crickets. that way i can do the gutload thing. plus, kingworms don't dust well, so the crickets may be a good answer.

thank you for your help, i guess i allways thought the uvb, calcium/phosphor, d3 connection was just something that balances itself as long as you have high calcium, lower phosphorus and high uvb and d3. i never knew vit A could throw it off.

he adjusts his basking as he has a very broad range of basking sites. there is a vine 6" away from the light, a platform 12 away and a hole in the platform that lets the direct light through to the floor of the inclosure. and depending on ambient room temps (wire cage) he will adjust where he basks. he is actually quite active, jumping and leaping from wall to wall to platform to water.

one thing, back in his old tank i tried to give him a 29 gallon water tank with a filter but i diden't realize the filter was woefully unable to clean his water and since the tub was black i diden't realize the water was getting gross. id imagine he drank alot of it, could it be possible that the gap is caused by a bacterial infection even though there is no swelling or discoloration?

thanks for your help, obviously you have a finer grasp on nutrition for specific reptiles than me.

any tips on how to get my water dragon to eat his fruits n veggi's?

thanks!!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Retry of the Inclosure pic. - kinyonga, Wed Jun 18 20:55:06 2008