return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: The Wetlands Institute - Summer 2008

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Turtles ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: boxienuts at Sun Aug 3 16:27:30 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by boxienuts ]  

Thats great that you are able to salvage a lot of the roadkill eggs and then head start them, we have a lot of adult female snapping turtle road kills around here in the late spring during nesting time, and I was thinking about trying to hatch some eggs just for fun and then let them go in the river, not that the snapping turtles around here need any help, there is plenty around, unfortunately some people dislike them and go out of their way to hit them. A couple of weeks ago I helped a 4-5 inch snapper across the road, I had to straddle my truck over it to keep the car behind me from hitting it, and they had to go around me, which they probably weren't to happy about, but I'm sure they got over the 3 second inconvenience, and the turtle would have surely been smashed by the traffic before making it all the way to the other side of the road where the river was. They are cute when they are little before they get big and ferocious.
-----
Jeff Benfer

1.0 pastel Python regius
1.1 mojave Python regius
0.1 normal Python regius
1.3 Terrapene carolina thriunguis
2.3 Terrapene carolina carolina
4.1 Kinosternon baurii
1.1 Malaclemys terrapin terrapin
2.2 double het albino and anerythristicThamnophis sirtalis parietalis
1.0 anerythristic Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis
2.2 Iowa snow Thamnophis radix
0.2 het Christmas albino Thamnophis radix
1.1 double het cherry erythristic, albino Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis
1.1 melanistic Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis
1.1 triple heterozygous for amelanistic,carmel, and stripe Pantherophis guttatus
0.1 anerythristic motley Pantherophis guttatus
0.1 Okeetee Pantherophis guttatus

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  green house glazing - kirkpletho, Mon Aug 4 09:59:28 2008
<< Previous topic:  Snapping turtle set up help. - tlink99, Sun Jul 27 18:01:28 2008