return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: The HL Burp

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Horned Lizards ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: fireside3 at Sun Sep 28 15:09:20 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by fireside3 ]  

>>All i know is that i was told that they breed these guys....they have them at every show i see them at...and they do feed them ants....and they are usually nice and healthy....the only reason this guy gave me them was becasue they were in such bad shape it was the last day of the show and becasue i have given him buisness before....and i belive they were $15 actually.

Doesn't matter. He's supposed to be a breeder, and giving away HLs in poor shape. Any reputable reptile breeder would not do that, especially with HLs. He did it because it was probably at the end of the day and nobody else would give him money for them, and because they probably represented a loss for him if he spent time or money trying to actually save them. $15 is a wild caught platyrhinos any day of the week. Hate to tell you. CB would go for more than that.

>>The one you were speaking of is doing just fine getting nice and fat and eating everyday as much as she wants....I have had the other one for over a year and i will admit i didnt knwo everything i need to before purchasing her...but i have read your site along with many others....

You couldn't have read my site unless you subscribed. It is a yahoo group.

>>my animals are nice and healthy and will be just fine.

You're seriously talking about the one that appears on top of the rock in that first photo? Whatever you say. I wrote the care manual that several zoos are using to keep HLs though, and I'm telling you different. I can see the lack of fat reserves and muscle tone from here. The bones are showing through, and the skin on the limbs is hanging where the muscle tissue has been catabolized for fuel...but whatever. I don't know anything compared to someone that has been doing it a year and on their second HL.

-----
www.groups.yahoo.com/group/HornedLizards
www.youtube.com/user/PhrynosomaTexas
Wichita Falls Reptile Rescue
Harvester Ants

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: The HL Burp - snakeeyes1618, Sun Sep 28 14:55:42 2008