return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Zoo Med Heat Emitter  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Newt . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - June 26, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Amph. and Reptile Society Meeti - June 28, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiDay Gainesville - June 29, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiCon Greensboro - June 29-30, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiCon Fort Walton Beach - June 29-30, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  Hampton Roads Reptile Expo - June 30, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  Central Illinois Herp Society Meeting - July 04, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - July 04, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiCon Jacksonville - July 06-07, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiCon Fayetteville - July 06-07, 2019 . . . . . . . . . . 

full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: New senegal...new to chams all together

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Chameleons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: riiotgrrl at Sat Oct 11 08:59:55 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by riiotgrrl ]  

Ambaji is still showing a bit of stress color....and a strange lateral white stripe (?) with like 4 white spots. I thought they should be orange or yellow according to the article.
I have seen a *bit of yellow spotting, but i think that he may be a juvinile still....no real 'argyle' like triangles with blue or permanent yellow spots....so i really am not so sure of the sex as of yet but there is swelling near the base of the tail.
I figure that the stress of the show and me having to switch tanks once already (the enclosure that i got at the show was not the correct one once i put it together, so i got a 65g reptarium,...) and the general stress of being in a new place has just wigged him out a bit.
He is eating however, and i have set up a drip system, that drips onto his vines and leaves and then into a bowl below. I think he is drinking from a bowl too, because i often find it tipped over. I'm unsure, but i change out the bowl and refill his dripper 2x daily. He really is a cool little guy.
Oh, and i purchased 2 digital thermometers...one for each side of the tank...they should be comming in the mail soon. I am planning on getting a temp gun soon as well.
Thanks for all the help guys. Any more insight is also appreciated, and i will have pics up soon enough. j
-----
"Brains for dinner, brains for lunch. Brains for breakfast, brains for brunch. Brains for every single meal; why can't we have some GUTS?"-Misfits

1.0 ball python- Azazel
0.1 creamsicle corn- Pandora
0.1 motley ghost stripe corn- Raven
0.4 leos- Boji, Sanjae, fae and Kodama
0.1 beardie- Indie
1.1 crested gecko- Jubeh and Inari
0.1 leucistic texas ratsnake-Ojo
1.0 whites tree frog- Sifaka
0.1 Transe pecos rat
1.0 (?) Senegal chameleon
1.0 Ruthven's X Thaeri king- Kemushi
0.1 pacific parrolet- Mishka
1.1 cats- Cairo and Oberon
0.0.4 crab people
1.0 Husband (hes my favorite, but i dont let the 'kids' know that. )

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: New senegal...new to chams all together - kinyonga, Thu Oct 9 23:52:57 2008