return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Zoo Med Heat Emitter  
click here for  Animal Specialties
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: World Croc Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Edmonton Reptile & Amphibian Society Mee - June 18, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  MAHS Fox Valley Meeting - June 21, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - June 22, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiCon Salisbury - June 22-23, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiCon Memphis - June 22-23, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiCon Kissimmee - June 22-23, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  Northern Virginia Reptile Expo - June 22, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - June 26, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Amph. and Reptile Society Meeti - June 28, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiDay Gainesville - June 29, 2019 . . . . . . . . . . 

full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for LeopardGecko.com - Ron & Marilyn Tremper
pool banner - $50 year

New senegal update...she laid eggs...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Chameleons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: riiotgrrl at Thu Oct 23 19:14:24 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by riiotgrrl ]  

I wanted to say thanks for all the info about senegals from the previous post, but now i have a new problem. Ambaji turned out to be a female...which i was really hoping wasnt true. I really hate to watch an animal lay eggs constantly with such a drain on their poor bodies to no means. Her eggs MAY be viable, and i do have a friend that is going to hook me up with a hoverbator....but for now i am just going to leave the eggs where they are.
Ambaji looks so drained.....i think i was lucky to have enough knowladge of reptiles, and to observe the digging behavior for what it was. I put a deep enough container of forest bed in her tank to where she was comfortable enough to lay...thank god for that. I was so concerned about egg binding.
When i bought a cham, i wanted something smaller and less aggressive than a veiled, so instead i bought an obscure species at a show that i knew very little about. I have been keeping herps for a decade now, but this is my first time with a cham....i had no idea what i had to learn...lol.
I want to do the best for her. However, i do not want to breed chams. I know how to gutload the crickets and make them as nutritious as possible...and i have supplemented her well....for the 2 weeks i have had her anyway.....I'm not sure how the vendor treated her before this though, since i purchased her from a show.
Any advice on getting her strength up would be appreciated...i dont want to lose her, she's so cool.
much thanks, jen
-----
"Brains for dinner, brains for lunch. Brains for breakfast, brains for brunch. Brains for every single meal; why can't we have some GUTS?"-Misfits

1.0 ball python- Azazel
0.1 creamsicle corn- Pandora
0.1 motley ghost stripe corn- Raven
0.4 leos- Boji, Sanjae, fae and Kodama
0.1 beardie- Indie
1.1 crested gecko- Jubeh and Inari
0.1 leucistic texas ratsnake-Ojo
1.0 whites tree frog- Sifaka
0.1 Transe pecos rat
1.0 (?) Senegal chameleon
1.0 Ruthven's X Thaeri king- Kemushi
0.1 pacific parrolet- Mishka
1.1 cats- Cairo and Oberon
0.0.4 crab people
1.0 Husband (hes my favorite, but i dont let the 'kids' know that. )

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: New senegal update...she laid eggs... - kinyonga, Fri Oct 24 00:04:59 2008