return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: New senegal update...she laid eggs...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Chameleons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: riiotgrrl at Fri Oct 24 08:30:51 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by riiotgrrl ]  

I've only had her for 2 weeks, and they said she was CB...but i dont really trust the vendor (the name escapes me right now...they are sort of like regal...) Her basking temp is as high as 95...depending where she stands on her perch. The thermal gradient is 95-75 (75 near the bottom, on the cool end of the reptarium). The humidity is varied as well. I use beaked moss on the bottom of the tank to retain humidity (i watch for mold)..she has a full dripper (little dripper) that drips into a waterfall (with no pump, i just use the structure with the dripper) every morning. She gets sprayed down each evening.

I gutload with flukers cricket chow, cricket water 'cubes' infused with calcium.. and nature zone green cricket cubes. The I mix that with a bit of honey and fresh veggies from time to time.

Since i learned that she is a female, i have been dusting with reptocal 1.0 calcium with D3, and from time to time she has been getting bearded dragon dust by sandfire ranch. She has a 24" 5.0 bulb with a basking bulb. At night the temp doesnt drop below 72...my reptile room is warm.

I thought she was dead this morning....she was wedged in between some cage furniture on the bottom of the tank. She was weak and barely breathing. I picked her up and held her (which i have never done before...) she laid in my hands with her tail loosley wrapped around my finger...
I held her for about t45 minutes. She started to breathe a bit more, and while i was holding her i made a small hammock for her out of a bandanna in her tank near her basking spot. When i set her on her hammock, she stood up and weakly started to walk around. Then she started to climb, and her color started to improve... she started 'makeing sure' that her eggs are covered well.
I am surprized she bounced back like that...
now she has dissappeared again, i think she has burried herself in the moss again. I she going to die?
thanks for the help, j
-----
"Brains for dinner, brains for lunch. Brains for breakfast, brains for brunch. Brains for every single meal; why can't we have some GUTS?"-Misfits

1.0 ball python- Azazel
0.1 creamsicle corn- Pandora
0.1 motley ghost stripe corn- Raven
0.4 leos- Boji, Sanjae, fae and Kodama
0.1 beardie- Indie
1.1 crested gecko- Jubeh and Inari
0.1 leucistic texas ratsnake-Ojo
1.0 whites tree frog- Sifaka
0.1 Transe pecos ratsnake- Cleo
0.1 Senegal chameleon- Ambaji
1.0 Ruthven's X Thaeri king- Kemushi
0.1 pacific parrolet- Mishka
1.1 cats- Cairo and Oberon
0.0.4 crab people
1.0 Husband (hes my favorite, but i dont let the 'kids' know that. )

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Panther longevity? - KenW, Sun Nov 2 00:47:18 2008
<< Previous topic:  Color meanings - CrazyCodyKadunk, Tue Oct 21 20:28:21 2008