return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Diamond Back Terripin

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Turtles ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: PHBoxTurtle at Sat Nov 1 20:06:32 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by PHBoxTurtle ]  

If the diet or habitat has not been optimum or correct then an illness can occur due to reduced immunity to harmful bacteria or viruses. The female may not be sick now, but if the male is sick-she will get it sooner or later.

Your best bet is to take the male turtle to a vet so he or she can determine if the turtle is suffering from an illness. They will give you meds which will help it and ask questions that may pinpoint an area that you can improve so another illness does not occur.

Good luck and join a group with other Diamond Terrapin owners so they can offer you more advice. Some people have kept them for many years and will have a lot more information to help you raise these turtles.

>>Hi,
>>I have a Diamond Back Terripin and seems that it is a Male. I have been nurchering this guy for the last 2 months and seems he wants to stay out of the water and now his eyes have been matted closed. He seems to be weaker as well since he is not eating. I have a large aquarium with plenty of salty water and land for him. The other turtle is female and seems to be just fine. I got them as a pair when they were young and now he has this problem.
>>Can any one help me with this and give a suggestion on my turtle. They seem to be about a year old now.
>>Thanks,rj1
-----
Tess Cook
www.boxturtlesite.info

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Diamond Back Terripin - rj1, Thu Oct 30 16:43:02 2008