return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

ball python banner pool - click here

ball python banner pool - click here

RE: for the love of.......????

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Ball Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: illbeyoursoldier at Thu Dec 18 09:54:25 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by illbeyoursoldier ]  

"have my collection as a hobby, and as my pets, and am going to breed because I am fascinated by the genetics."

"I have also named every one and handle them as pets."

"I'd rather be in the snake room cleaning up pooh than go to work each day, and that says a lot because I like my job"

"I don't have any remorse over the decision to want to breed them because I know I provide the best environment I am capable of....as any owner of any pet should."

This was an excellent, intelligent, and heart-felt response. You took the words right out of my mouth, Jess!!

I'm in it for the LOVE and the love only. If I make money out of it, that'll just be a "perk" of it all. And I think you have to be in it for the love, because if you aren't... it will be too frustrating when raising to breeding to eggs comes slow. They're living animals... you have to enjoy them to expect to care for them properly.

Besides, I've spent thousands on my animals, their housing, and care. If I were to make it back, it wouldn't be for a long time, and I would just spend it again on more snake stuff anyway -- profit to pay for housing or another cool snake.

Not sure if this answered your question as well, but if it is my feelings on the subject. My advise is if your really jumping in it for the money, I would advise to turn around now. There's just too much room for disappointment in this hobby financially. Because you can't control living things and nature, though we can try, and there are too many variables when it comes to them.
-----
Cheers!
• Chelsea Lynn Gardiner
(and Frank M. Wood)

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: for the love of.......???? - jsschrei, Wed Dec 10 11:25:04 2008