return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

GTP not eating spots HELP

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Green Tree Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: rdude110 at Thu Dec 25 20:05:06 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by rdude110 ]  

Hi,

I used to post alot on this forums but due to school and stuff I havent had much time recently.
Anyways I have a SorongxJaya chondros that i got from Buddy Buscemi last september and its about 1 year and 9 months old.
When i first got him he was a difficult eater and got some help from buddy.
I managed to feed him myself with some difficulty but have managed for the last year. Usually i would have to poke him with my tongs until he is mad enough to bite and then give him the mouse/rat. Starting in mid october i tried to feed him mice from petco which s/he had been readily excepting over the summer. Suddenly he starts refusing them, so we look to another source, which was a small petshop a bit farther from me. They said the reason he wasnt eating was because the petco mice werent fresh, but i didnt really think so because he had been eating them before. So we take a few mice home from them. It didnt eat the first one, but ate the second one, which wasnt albino. This happens at about october 20. I keep trying to feed him mice from both sources and rats i got from mice direct or rodent pro(cant remember). Eventually i got the feeling that he shows no interest in eating, and when i rile him up he seems to go for my hand.

I need help on what to do to get him/her to eat. I need to know if this is a seasonal thing or some disease.

He has been handled a few times past one year of age, but not excessively. He is extremely tame and never tries to bite unless provoked(for feeding)

Also, recently i started noticing a few of his scales have black dots on them. And on his back there is one black like about a cm long that feels raised to the touch.
Could i have hurt him with the tongs while trying to feed?
Or what would it be.

In advance i appreciate your help
and i hope you all had a nice Christmas
~Ryan
-----
As soon as your born you start dying
So you might as well have a good time

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, for only you can free your mind

0.1 Tangerine albino leopard gecko typhon
0.0.1 Green tree python
0.1 Brazilian rainbow boa

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: GTP not eating spots HELP - jungledancer, Sat Dec 27 20:28:34 2008