return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
RodentPro.com - feeders for less!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

seasonal changes...colder?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Iguanas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: thrasher1337 at Wed Jan 21 10:22:43 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by thrasher1337 ]  

sorry for the odd topic name, heres something I am running into with my iggy, up untill 4 months ago, my 3 year old iggy been eatting like crazy, always finish every pieces of green or anything in her bowl. but since winter time, the temps have dropped and its getting 63 degree in my room at night and back up to 80 during the day and under the light its 90 at least, and I use full UV vapor lamb. Anywho, I was just wondering if iggys are like that, she did the same thing last year for not eatting good during the winter time, but not for this long tho. Shes somewhat skinnier and her back fins are all down like shes 80 years old or something. She still eat some but not enough it seems, and shes alway active and looking for way out, climbing up and down, and I soik him everymorning with warm water and she seems to like it, should I increase the temps even at night to 80? shes around 4 feet head to tail, and living in a 2 feet x 4 feet and 5 feet high cage.

"SWITCHING GEAR HERE"

My rino iggy is fat and been eatting good no matter wut, hes super heathly and tame, but recently I found this one odd looking bump on his leg, its around i/3 an inch, I am pretty sure it some sorta blister, cuz it soft and i could see through it under a light, hes around 2 feet long, hes been eatting with D3 and everything, and he did not get burned since I don't have the light in the cage with him and theers no way he could touch the light, hes acting normal and eatting like a little pig...

any help would be awesome.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: seasonal changes...colder? - tbone21, Wed Jan 21 18:57:23 2009