return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: one eye closed regular care questions

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Chameleons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: tha_gonzfather at Wed Feb 18 01:35:00 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by tha_gonzfather ]  

i actually am not the dyin tail dude i just replied to his post because i noticed a couple small black dots on my chams tail and was not sure what they were. the only problem i am having is that Gonzo keeps his left eye closed quite regularly. i gutload my crickets with "Gutload" i bought at petland.. not quite sure of the exact manufacturer as i have thrown the box away, also i throw some carrot peelings, and pieces of potatos. i dust the crickets once a week with "Rep-Cal Phos-free Calcium with vit D3" before i put them in the terrarium. i also spray him once a day with "Zilla Humidifying spray tropical mist... it says it helps with dry skin and shedding problems, has emolients and aloe. i mist the terrarium for a couple minutes twice a day with distilled water until he starts opening his mouth and licking lips, and right after i put an ice cube on top of the screen top so it drips onto his leaves. although i have never seen him drink off leaves. the humidity does fluctuate quite a bit as i am having troubles keeping it steady. but for the most part between 50 and 60. i DO have those cheap dial gauges and am upgrading to a digital thermometer/hygrometer. i really want to give him a little bit larger enclosure with a real plant and more ventilation but at the same time i live in calgary alberta (dry mountain climate) and think i would have a heck of a time keeping humidity levels up with a screen cage. man oh man!... im really sorry about the novel and greatly appreciate your advice im just really concerned about making things perfect for him asap.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: one eye closed regular care questions - Carlton, Wed Feb 18 12:25:29 2009

<< Previous Message:  RE: one eye closed regular care questions - Carlton, Tue Feb 17 12:22:21 2009