return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: ATB Damage...the video

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Tree Boas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Mike H. at Sat Feb 28 11:57:37 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Mike H. ]  

Thanks for the feedback.

My plan for the pics was to use quick glimpses of pics rather than the long slow "slideshow" type videos I see so often. With the short "in & out" exposures, I figured some photo repetition wouldn't hurt.

You're right, the hardcore intensity doesn't match their harmless nippiness...but it was just the theme I went with, all in the name of creative entertainment.

Biting me in the eye for the next vid? Hmmm....now that's an idea. Of course, I'll have to use another Soundgarden song; "Searching with my good eye closed"

Speaking of the music. Someone on another site told me if I am trying to promote myself as a serious breeder I should use better taste in music. HAHAHA. Anyone who knows me, knows I am anything BUT a serious breeder, or someone who tries to promote myself. I'll leave that endeavor up to the guys who post "a photo of their breeding FACILITY" and the photo shows 1 or 2 sweaterbox racks (sometimes you can even see their bed/nightstand in the edge of the pic)

That was my first video making attempt. It was fun & I'll do it again. The next one won't be so long. That song is 5.5 minutes long, but it's one of my favorite "adrenaline raising" songs and I really wanted to use the entire song.

>>Feedback. I will give positive and negative. The only negative I can think of really is that it is a bit long with some of the repeated photos. I don't know if you did that to fill the song time, but just my observation.
>>
>>Suggestion, with a song that "hard core" ... I think to fill the space you should let your biggest females bite you in the face more...maybe the eye? That should work to fit the mood : )
>>
>>Positive. Your snakes are amazing mike. Most of them I did not get sick of seeing multiple times, and some I think should have been showed more.
>>
>>The song was great, and the slides of text were a nice touch. It did make me laugh a little with how intense it was with such little harmless snakes. But I was guessing this was a combination of your appreciation for an always under rated, and incredible snake...and a little humor exagerating the intensity of their nippy attitude.
>>
>>
>>Cool video and I can't help but salt what I am sure is wound that wont heal...but how in the heck could you let that one red animal go!!! WOW was it amazing, and your pictures of it made it look like I was going to get tagged sitting at the computer.
-----
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Heinrich,
Mike@amazontreeboa.org
www.amazontreeboa.org

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: ATB Damage...the video - SoLA, Sat Feb 28 15:06:23 2009

<< Previous Message:  RE: ATB Damage...the video - SoLA, Fri Feb 27 11:46:17 2009