return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Large Lump on Anoles Head

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Anoles ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Thamnophile at Mon Mar 16 10:04:37 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Thamnophile ]  

Sorry, but that was not a good thing to do to your anole. Bentonite clay absorbs water exponentially. Your anole lost her eye, because the bentonite clay absorbed all of the moisture out of her eye - pus, tears, mucus, moisture in the eyeball itself, etc. Shriveled it up like a grape (sorry, but that's what bentonite does!) All of that bentonite clay info on the internet is mostly "holistic health" type info and NONE of it has been regulated or even examined in detail by medical science - human or veterinary. So use at your own (or your animal's) risk.

BEST thing to do with an eye infection is to use an optical 'boric acid' ointment often proscribed for people by opthomalogists. If you don't already have that on hand (I did at one point, and it worked) you can use regular anti-biotic ointment like neosporin or polysporin, etc. It will say on the package not to use it on the eyeball itself (and I'd probably not do it for people) but it worked for several reptiles I've had with eyelids - lizards and turtles. I haven't needed to use it for a snake yet...

Lisa

>>Have you ever heard about calcium bentonite clay? This is a therapeutic clay that draws toxins from animals and people.
>>
>>My female green anole developed an infection over her right eye, and it was getting really bad. She was really lethargic and wouldn't eat anything. I thought I was going to lose her until I decided to try to put the clay over her eye. The infection disappeared. Unfortunately, she lost her eye in the process, but she has returned to good health and appetite albeit a missing eye.
>>
>>I would recommend to search the internet for places to buy calcium bentonite clay. The thing works on animals and people and can be used orally and topically. Just mix the powder in water and smear a coat over the bump a few times a week. If the mass is harmful, it should go away in a matter of a few weeks. Or even less if you apply enough. Note: There is no such thing as adding too much of this. He won't die of clay poisoning because it is all natural and contains no chemicals.
>>
>>I hope this helps.
-----
Lisa
Living Earth Environmental Education
@__/ __/ __ / __==< :>--

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

• You Are HereRE: Large Lump on Anoles Head - Thamnophile, Mon Mar 16 10:04:37 2009

>> Next topic:  Anoles and day gecko - lint, Thu Apr 16 14:46:05 2009
<< Previous topic:  biggest? - hondo1199, Sat Mar 7 16:50:59 2009