return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: To TOM

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Chuckwallas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: PHEve at Sat Mar 21 12:23:56 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by PHEve ]  

Hey Tom, I love the picea, think they are adorable, and I did handle them. Everything was fine, they looked awesome, but John began to experience sad times with girls in the mid of winter being gravid with dud eggs and not being able to get them all out and he lost a couple or atleast one feamle I believe. About a week after he told me abotu what happened two of my girls became FULL of eggs as well. The one female layed them fine (also infertiles) The next week the other lil girl layed one, then a few days later one more, it was going like that. I tried soaks, and everything to help her ( as John and I swaped thoughts and ideas of why this was happening).

Anyway my girl tried so hard and me too, but I found her dead. BUMMED ME out, I had had enough saddness, and figured if this is what happens frequently with these girls I don't want to see it, and it was hard ( you KNOW I never give any pets that I have had for 2 years away or sell) but I kissed them goodbye , handed them over o the Fed ex guy, and covering my face went into another room, ( My husband asking are you in there crying) LOL, I'm a whacky lady with these things. John asked for them so he purchased them to replace some of his.

I may in the future get some babys back from John when we know more, but for now I felt too upset, and did not really have the proper or extra enclosures to seperate male from females. They in my opinon were sweet when picked up and alot f fun to watch zip around.

I'm wondering the way they are built kind of short bodied cuasing them to have problems when PACKED with eggs. I do really enjoy most agamas though.

And as far as skiddish, even the black agamas , many people think they are too nervous, and do not make nice pets, But when they trust you, and are used to you, and comfortable in their surroundings, You can pick them up anytime just like a cb collared. They begin to fill out nice unlike some you see in classifieds at times. My black girls are tame lizards. I am also quite fond of the Clown agamas.

-----
PHEve / Eve

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: TOM this is what they - PHEve, Sat Mar 21 13:04:04 2009 image in post
>> Next Message:  Eve did you guys get with ...... - tgreb, Sat Mar 21 18:05:13 2009

<< Previous Message:  To Eve continued from below..... - tgreb, Sat Mar 21 09:23:02 2009