return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Little Tehya is sick! Please help!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Chuckwallas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: rosebuds at Tue Apr 7 18:34:40 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by rosebuds ]  

I have been corresponding with Maureen about this since yesterday, and she thought it might be a good idea to post here and see if anyone knows of an illness or virus that we might be looking at with Tehya.

Yesterday, I noticed that Tehya was not moving much, so I got her out and immediately realized that she was not moving well. She was absolutely fine the night before, but she suddenly couldn't move her front legs very well. She acts like she has a spinal injury just below her shoulder blades, so I took her to the vet yesterday. He got busy, and couldn't have a look at her until late yesterday evening. he spent the night at the clinic so that he could get to her first thing this morning.

He called this morning and said that her white blood cell count was very high, which means that she has an infection somewhere. I have not noticed any sniffling or sneezing until one tiny sniffle yesterday after I took her out. But she has had no nasal discharge or mouth breathing. So we have her on Baytril.

But she was cold and not moving too much, and he really didn't see the paralysis that I took her in about, so I don't think he did an xray or didn't mention it if he did, and I had to get her home and run to work. I will call him back tomorrow to check on that and ask for one.

Everyone pretty much knows my husbandry. They get the works as far as good greens, veggies and flowers. They live under a Megaray, and get Minerall or straight calcium, or uro dust on their salads several times a week. temps are in these ranges
105-110-115 basking
upper 80s cool side

Everyone else in that viv looks picture perfect! I am just gutted about this and hope that someone might have seen this before or has answers.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Little Tehya is sick! Please help! - mlove, Tue Apr 7 18:52:02 2009
>> Next Message:  UPDATE on Tehya - Rosebuds, Sun Apr 12 10:32:21 2009