return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Veiled Chameleon... HELP!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Chameleons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: herpdome420 at Thu May 28 12:42:49 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by herpdome420 ]  

Well, he's about a year old, and we feed him crickets that have been fed Layna hen food, which is calcium and vitamin fortified. He is my mom's pet, and she doesn't dust the crickets because she says that the food for the crickets is enough. He has about a 4' foot tall 2.5' wide and 2.5 foot long cage with two plants in it, which are schefflera arboricola . It says on the bulb that we use that it is a "Fluker" brand and also says 100W 120V. The lamp we use is about 10.5'' in diameter.

As for temperature, it's around 75-80 degrees F in the day time and 65-70 degrees F in the night. He's been having this problem for about a week now. It started after we had to clean his cage because there was an ant problem in it. We rinsed the whole cage with just water. At first I thought he was just stressed because we had rearranged his cage in the process, so I didn't think much of it.

Then I inspected him and found the bump on his arm. I looked at him again this morning and also noticed a bump on his back. He spends most of his time in the pots, or falls to the floor.

I did a little more research online, and it's becoming more and more likely that he might have MBD. I hope this helps, and if there's any more information that you might need please ask.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Veiled Chameleon... HELP! - Carlton, Wed Jun 3 12:01:32 2009
>> Next Message:  RE: Veiled Chameleon... HELP! - zach_whitman, Fri Jun 26 17:48:44 2009

<< Previous Message:  RE: Veiled Chameleon... HELP! - Carlton, Wed May 27 12:04:42 2009