return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

Potential clutch?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Morelia Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: SouthernSerpent at Fri May 29 20:57:00 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by SouthernSerpent ]  

Ok. I have had evil, my female jcp, for about a year. When I picked her up I was told she was a year old. Other sources and factors make me believe she is slightly older than two currently. I picked up an amazing high yellow male that is five y/o a few months back. My intention was to breed them. My suspicions of evil being older are based on a few things...She is about 5.5 feet long, she has good body mass. I decided to put the pair together and see what happened. I put them together about a month ago. Upon introducing the male to her enclosure she showed a keen interest in him. She watched him from above while he moved around. When they finally got closer to one another she stuck her tail straight out and as it twitched very quickly I could see that is looked like she was trying to musk or something. Since then they have been seen laying together on many occasions. Now the male is searching the cage a good bit and she has spent a lot of time in the water dish. She is dull looking like she needs to shed, but I have seen no blue eyes, and she has looked like this for over two weeks. So I pose the question for someone with more experience...Should I look for eggs, or should I think that something else may be happening? This is my first try at this so the tail twitching was a little strange to me and I did not know what to make of it. I have read multiple resources, as has my wife. I'm sorry this is such a long post, but I wanted to get all the information I could in here for an opinion from someone with some experience. Thanks for your time.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Potential clutch? - metalpest, Fri May 29 22:10:48 2009
>> Next Message:  RE: Potential clutch?...more info - SouthernSerpent, Thu Jun 4 20:43:37 2009