return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

EVE YOU ARE RIGHT ON THE MONEY HERE !!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Collared Lizards ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: hardcoresb3 at Thu Jun 25 15:00:14 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by hardcoresb3 ]  

I completely agree with your assessment and back up everything you say here. You have expressed some very valid points that I have echoed on more then one occasion to our clandestine government agent monkeys over and over again. The first thing that comes into my mind here is the Eastern Indigo snake in Florida and the Gila monster in Arizona. These are both species that I have the privilege of keeping and working with. In Florida the urban sprawl and corporations like Walmart get permits after they pay biologists a fee for a fake environmental impact study, to bulldoze over every square inch of undeveloped piece of good habitat left because someone I guess needs a Walmart on every corner. Meanwhile it is illegal to possess an Indigo or remove it from the bulldozed land because that's a felony wildlife violation. Animals can recover from a lot of different factors in there ecosystems but if they have no ecosystem at all to come back to they will disappear forever. They same can be said about protecting Gila monster in Arizona, unless your contracting a new housing development for new tract homes in Tucson ! How would you feel if somebody came into your neighborhood one morning and bulldozed your house away while you were sleeping in it?? It would kind of suck wouldn't it. There are better ways to manage our wildlife but unfortunately the government officials are not really interested in what we have to say because we are just average people not backed by any money or power. Here is an idea....instead of these out of touch Hollywood types celebrities spending all there time and money saving people, plants, trees, and animals everywhere else all over the world why don't they start here in America first. What are we not worth saving? I could go on and on here but back to the original point that Eve was trying to make here is a very valid one that we shouldn't take to lightly. Thanks for your time.

Steve Bozsik
www.hardcoreherps.com

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: FED UP * SPEAKING OUT >>>>> - Eve, Thu Jun 25 13:06:48 2009