return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Need Help & Advice - Please..

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Water Dragons & Basilisks ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: thewhitedragon at Sat Jun 27 11:31:35 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by thewhitedragon ]  

hi all,

i have recently joined the WD owners club, when i was originally looking to get a pair, the house i was living in was too small and so i didnt think it would be fair on them if it was too cramped up.

i have recently moved house into a much bigger place so i thought its the perfect time to start preparing and then get them.

after 6 months of preparing the viv and getting everything under the sun in preparation for them, moving everything about 50000 times before i was happy nothing would fall, plenty of hiding locations, temps correct, humidity correct etc, i finally picked up Puff and Yoshi from my local pet shop.

the pet shop owner didnt have a great deal of knowledge about WD's, but as he deals with beards and every other form of lizard i was using him more as a general advice line.

they have both been moved in for 2 weeks now, and puff has taken extremly well to the new viv and bounces about everywhere and is bulking out very fast, but Yoshi is significantly more sedate, and i rarely see him eat, hench im a bit worried.

they are both 3 months old ish, both are very happy to be handled, i have a high body temp so they love my heat, and its always a fight to put them back in the viv.

i have also noticed Yoshi has a small mark on his upper lip, which concerns me, i have taken him to the local vet (who im not exactly confident knows much about reptiles)
and he has given me some antibiotics for him, but trying to give them orally is a nightmare, so i have added it to the drinking water, i know puff will also be drinking this, but at least if its anything transferable it should protect her im guessing.

can anyone give me any advice on what this brown mark could be and why yoshi is so sedate ?

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Need Help & Advice - Please.. - thewhitedragon, Sat Jun 27 11:59:27 2009