return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Water Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
pool banner - $50 year

RE: sadface

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Anacondas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: bigwizzkid at Sat Aug 8 22:28:38 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by bigwizzkid ]  

Dis-respect has everything to do with it. Having constrictors this large means you have to have respect for what they can DO. Take this from me because I have been hospitalized by my large snakes by making a stupid mistake before. a 10 foot snake is far stronger than we are, and falling asleep with one is the lowest level of respect you can possibly show for an animal of that size. Large constrictors are quite capable of breaking bones should they chose to constrict that hard. Anacondas are snakes that can be very defensive. All it takes is one time for you to fall asleep, and roll over... The snake decides this is an aggressive action on your part, and responds defensively, suddenly you have a 10 foot snake latching on to your neck and constricting.

This is totally different than what it sounds like you are used to keeping. this isn't a bite from a ball, where you can simply (relatively speaking) "uncoil" them. if a large conda decides to constrict you, I assure you you are not strong enough to force them off. Then, assuming you come to your senses soon enough, and can keep from panicking with a snake that could potentially kill you in this situation, do you know what to use to attempt to get it off?

I don't mean to offend you, but you really do not seem to have the knowledge, or experience to keep an animal like this. I am not saying they make bad pets, at all, however worse case scenarios are much more common when you are careless, and make incredibly stupid decisions, like falling asleep with a large snake laying with you.

Do more research, gain more experience, and A LOT more respect for your animals, then consider a large constrictor again in a few years assuming your attitude and viewpoint have changed.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: sadface - timmah, Tue Jul 7 19:04:15 2009