return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Unpleasant situation - help?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Crested Geckos ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: olstyn at Mon Jul 27 08:11:08 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by olstyn ]  

>>if crickets are left in the apartment,they will be killed and useless even if they manage to survive. You might as well just keep them at the same place your geckos will be.
>>

Yeah, obviously any crickets left in the apartment would be expected to die. Conveniently, we've just run out of crickets anyway, so the cricket terrarium is going to hang out in our garage for a while, and our leo can eat mealworms for the time being.

>>As for how long to keep the animals away, just ask. You don't have to say you have reptiles, just say you have pets.
>>

Well, the landlord was really clueless in this department, saying, "We just tell people to lock their cats in the bathroom for a few hours," which seemed like her typical, "I don't know, so I'm going to make something up and hope you don't realize that I don't know what I'm talking about" type of response. I really miss the old apartment manager, who when we moved in initially and were asking if it would be ok to have geckos here, told us about how she used to have a Chinese Water Dragon, and that geckos were totally cool. She was a lot more friendly, understanding and helpful in general as well.

>>If they have no clue...I would talk to your landlord about hiring a 'real' exterminator. As a tenant you have the right to know what could be dangerous to you or your pets, so the exterminator or your landlord will have to be able to explain everything about the process of spraying your apartment with a deadly chemical which is dangerous to your health. I would be more worried if its just your landlord spraying the apartment with a can of RAID. (if he is, give 24 hours at least, before going back in yourself...that stuff isn't safe to spray around animals and people either, especially if they are going to blanket the entire apartment with it. (or other similar products....I think roach bombs can be bought by anybody too).)
>>
>>Typically when a house or apartment is fumigated, they don't want people in it for a period of time either. Once you are allowed back in, open all your windows and air out the place for a day or two then you can bring back your pets.
>>-----
>>PHLdyPayne

Supposedly we are going to at least get the opportunity to speak with the exterminator(s) when they show up today, so hopefully they can tell us what they're using so we can look it up and judge for ourselves what the best course of action is.
-----
0.1 Albino Leopard Gecko - Tigger
0.1 Crested Gecko - Pooh-Bear

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Unpleasant situation - help? - PHLdyPayne, Sun Jul 26 18:35:34 2009