return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
pool banner - $50 year

additions: blue infernalis & MUCH MORE

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Garter & Ribbon Snakes ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: asnakelovinbabe at Wed Jul 29 00:26:42 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by asnakelovinbabe ]  

Hey guys,

I haven't hardly been posting but there's reason for it. I have been working heavily in the snakeroom, dealing with babies and selling off just about everything non-natricine in my collection. I have sold or am currently in the middle of selling all of my ball pythons, my corns, kings, and anything else besides a VERY few select snakes (like my carinata) that are non-natricine but very dear to me. There has been a huge change in the snakes I own and no longer own!! I have moved out a good bit of my other stuff and brought in more water snakes and of course, garter snakes. I recieved four different shipments today including 1.1 Atratus from Tim, my huge batch from Scott, some water snakes, and a striped keelback and totally surprise orange vagrans from Thomas (MasSalvaje) . I scheduled them all for today in advance because I had off work so it was basically a whole day of snake unpacking madness!!!

Why the sudden changes? I am working on turning my hobby into a future profession. Within the next year or so I plan to register my ficticious name, which will be "Natricine... something. Natricine Exotics, Natricines Unlimited... I am not really sure yet (any ideas?) but my goal will be to bring light to the world of natricine snakes and provide quality captive bred specimens of as many species as possible. Not just garters, but their water snake, keelbacked and european counterparts as well!

But I really need to show some photo's of the newer stuff! So here we go...

First up: Snakes from Scott! Right before shipment he sent me a list of some adults he was going to part with. I immediately jumped on the following three VITAL additions:

Adult female NEON BLUE Infernalis. This girl is drop dead gorgeous. Not to mention HUGE. I now have an adult unrelated pair. YEA! Babies next year?! what?!?

Super Hot 08 male flame!! Finally I have a male flame again!!

And how could I resist the only axanthic chicago garter in existince?!?! Oh, she's lovely. She is really exceptional looking because she is blue, but has a bit of orange on her neck sides.

I think there's a feather thingy stuck to her face...

Blue and orange on the same snake?! I think so!!!

Scott was very kind enough to send me a few extra low end female flames. They are actually very beautiful! Thank you Scott you are a doll!!!

Here we have some morph plains: 1.1 Iowa albinos, 1.0 axanthic, and 0.2 Red x nebraska albino.

And here we have the big pair purchase this year (thanks to my boyfriend): 1.1 albino redsideds!

Now, here are some snakes I took on a trade:

1.1 light phase brown water snakes, drop dead gorgeous and the male already ate some f/t silversides tonight! nerodia taxispilota

1.1 Red phase Green water snakes (oxymorons?) nerodia cyclopion

From Tim Spuckler came one of my holy grails of thamnophis... 1.1 Santa Cruz... they are PERFECT!!! and oh so GREEN! with orange bellies and stripes!!

And from Thomas - MasSalvaje, I recieved his healthy and somewhat long term pet Striped keelback... So happy to have a VERY healthy specimen of this species! So fat! So shiny and pretty!!!

Also, Thomas sent me a total surprise. I was quite puzzled when I saw another deli cup while holding my new striped keelback. Lo and behold it was the most gorgeous wandering garter I have ever met! Here's Mac, a big orange hottie! (now I just need a female to name cheese... mac 'n cheese!) Thanks so much Thomas, I love him, he is a VERY wonderful representative of this species!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Oh My...Speechless!!!! - TJ., Wed Jul 29 11:34:22 2009
>> Next Message:  RE: additions: blue infernalis & MUCH MORE - mikefedzen, Thu Jul 30 12:17:26 2009
>> Next Message:  ................................. - JYohe, Thu Jul 30 19:54:59 2009
>> Next Message:  RE: additions: blue infernalis & MUCH MORE - boxienuts, Sat Aug 1 23:35:02 2009
>> Next Message:  RE: additions: blue infernalis & MUCH MORE - varanid, Wed Oct 7 05:05:26 2009