return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: mortar mix tub V.S. sterilite tub ?!?!?!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Feeder Food Discussion ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: markru at Sun Aug 9 14:47:59 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by markru ]  

Hi,

I thought I just saw this post in the ball forum....? Anyway, here is the deal. I use the van ness cp2s for the birthing and I am using the black cement tubs in the black rack. That is my grow out and breeding rack. I have not had any chew outs yet? But here is my opinion on the chew outs.

I have a friend that breeds rats and he used the black cement tubs for years and never had a chew out. Than one night he had two tubs get chewed out the same evening. He looked closely at the tubs and noticed that the two tubs were dented from the bottom up. The were able to get a tooth into the dents. These rats were huge and I personally saw the holes and they were the size of a quarter. It was weird how small a hole those buggers got out with.

So when buying your tubs make sure they are 100 percent flat with no rises or dents. Also make sure there are no cracks or scratches. If the can expose the slightest part of the tub they will chew it to pieces. I will bet my money when keepers get a chew out it could have been avoided if the tub was examined a little more closely.

When ever I clean my tubs I check them very closely for any marks or dents. Good luck and who ever wrote me the email beathcing about that I do not break my posts up, is this any better? I think it was from the guy that never posted the pics he promised a few post back showing how he built his birthing rack.

Good luck,
Mark
-----
STRENGTH IN NUMBERS

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  mortar mix tub V.S. sterilite tub ?!?!?! - OKReptileRescue, Sat Aug 8 22:25:01 2009