return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Mice are going to pop....

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Feeder Food Discussion ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: JYohe at Mon Aug 10 15:38:27 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by JYohe ]  

IF you take the male out , and re-introduce him later, they will fight usually....mice fight alot, and you cannot really mix tanks or groups at all....I leave male at all times.....1 male to up to 15 females in a tub.....56 tubs going always......

yes if you leave 15 pinks and 15 fuzzy and 15 hoppers in a tank the pinks will probably starve......I check the tanks all the time...and regroup or freeze alot of stuff all the time.....
I might leave the 15 pinks then add 15 from another tank and take the fuzzies and leave 30 in one tank....and 30 hoppers in another...you get the idea....like 30 babies per tank...all the same size.....and I feed or sell or freeze any extras....(that might be hundreds a week....even over 1000 )....

.....smell.....yes they do...all I can say....

Africans.....kind of a stupid critter...feed small amounts per day....they'll stand on top of food and ask why you aren't feeding them......I use 1 male to 3 or 4 females in a 10 gallon tank or lab cage.....average 17 baby every 23 days....
they will eat the kids and they will starve the pinks as in the mice...yes I seperate and mix babies according to size....

......mice wean in 17 days Africans I forget how many days....

-----
JY
Scales-N-Tails
reptiles ltd.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Mice are going to pop.... - mzillig, Tue Aug 11 10:07:47 2009

<< Previous Message:  Mice are going to pop.... - markru, Sun Aug 9 16:54:25 2009