return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

WOW! I'm freaking out right now!!!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Gila & Beaded Lizards ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: TheSerpentsCoil at Thu Aug 13 20:31:28 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by TheSerpentsCoil ]  

I had pretty much given up on my Rio Fuerte Beaded Lizards for this season. I had even put them up on the kingsnake classifieds for a short while. These guys are my favorite reptile and I just couldn't get rid of them. I even went out and got a sweet tattoo that winds around my bi-cept and up over my shoulder onto my chest (still have about 4hrs left on it). I had noticed my female was becoming extremely lethargic and her tail was getting pretty skinny compared to the male. I began to feed her more but she never gained any weight. I was really starting to worry. Her tail was skinny but she was round like a balloon! I palpated her and just couldn't figure out the problem! I can't believe I didn't catch on! 9 eggs so far and they all candled FERTILE!!! The female is still digging in the same spot that I took them from and appears to still have more inside her. I read they can lay over a 24hr period so it's possible I will get a few more eggs out of her. regardless, I'm so greatful!

These are the first animals I have kept for any length of time in forever! These are also the FIRST Reptiles I have EVER bred! I'm going crazy over here! I'd like to keep and breed my own animals from now on! This feeling....makes you feel like your on top of the world!!! A BIG thanks goes out to Steve Angeli for sending me such awesome animals and helping me along the way! Steve said he was sure they were a pair but wouldn't guarantee it, well he was 100% correct! Now I have a LONG wait ahead of me. The eggs are in the incubator at 80 degree's. From what I've read it looks like I have about a 175-230 day waiting period till I see some little ones! Both of the adults are extremely calm, I hope that carries over in the gene pool!
-----
John Light

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  Up to 10 and she's still digging! - TheSerpentsCoil, Thu Aug 13 23:29:51 2009