return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

Is this okay...?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Crested Geckos ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: dancingqueen1 at Sat Aug 22 01:57:23 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by dancingqueen1 ]  

I got a male crested gecko today. He's beautiful. He's a little pale, and I'm not sure if that's him getting used to his surroundings or something the pet store did that I bought him from. But I want to get him into eating crested gecko diet and baby food, when all they fed him at the pet store I bought him from was crickets. Is this a bad idea?

Also, his tale goes up a little bit right at the base closest to his body. Is it supposed to?

One more thing (sorry for so many questions.. I don't want to mess this up)..Can someone read this and let me know if his tank's set up okay, please? I have a big piece of bark I bought at the pet store, a few small trees for hiding, a food dish with crested gecko diet & baby food mixed in, a water bowl to help keep the humidity higher, a thermometer and a rock hide. Oh and I have paper towels as a substrate. I put him in the tank, put food in his bowl and misted it with warm water. It was still cool when I did that so I shined a fluorescent lamp over the top of the tank, and now it's at 80 degrees F. Is this all okay, or is there something I need or did I do something wrong? Thanks for the help!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Is this okay...? - PHLdyPayne, Mon Aug 24 15:47:25 2009