return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Amer. Toad Respir. Infxn--HELP ME PLEASE

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Toads ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: neurochem at Sat Sep 19 02:54:46 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by neurochem ]  

I have what I believe to be an American Toad and it has what seems to be some sort of respiratory infection. It sounds to be congested and I noticed some purulent or mucoid fluid that was leaking from its nostrils. I wiped it off with a kleenex and it appeared to be similar to the snot one gets when dealing with a cold. It has another symptom but I am not sure if it is associated and it deals with the abdomen and sides of the toad. They appear almost inflated, and I have read about some bloating issues and I wonder if that is what I am dealing with. If anyone knows an antibiotic that would work and what dose and what way to give the meds, I would really appreciate it. Also, if someone has any ideas about the bloating or whatever it is, that would be a great help.

Thank you.

J

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

• You Are HereAmer. Toad Respir. Infxn--HELP ME PLEASE - neurochem, Sat Sep 19 02:54:46 2009

>> Next topic:  my fire belly died - Doofy1577, Tue Sep 22 06:27:19 2009
<< Previous topic:  Help ID ~ American or Southern? - SurfinSerpents, Thu Sep 17 20:37:27 2009