return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: 2 Veileds can't shoot tongues?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Chameleons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: VWGolfer at Mon Sep 21 20:31:39 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by VWGolfer ]  

Sorry, I guess I was in a little bit of a hurry when I typed that. I know the current housing isn't perfect, but they're still small, and opposite sexes, so I figured for the time being it wouldn't be detrimental with them having so much room. They have 2 UVB lamps, one for the top of the plant, one for the bottom and a ceramic heater just to provide that much more heat and lighting when its cloudy.
They get unfiltered sun for about 3-4 hours a day, their window is a 5'X4' picture window, no screen, its open most days and they have no access out the window. I feed them about 10-15 small feeders a day, or however much they can eat. They're not my first chameleons and def. not my first reptiles.
I don't over dust the feeders as I've read that that can cause just as many problems as not dusting.
I just don't understand why it was so sudden. They dont have any deformities, or even the beginning signs. It was literally over a couple hours that they started acting like this. I kept them extra warm last night and showered them today on schedule, they seem to be walking fine and they don't seem to be in pain when they try to eat, but they still cant extend their tongues...they did deficate today and the feces seemed to be abnormally large, is it possible that they could both be impacted and that's causing the problem?

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: 2 Veileds can't shoot tongues? - Carlton, Tue Sep 22 11:54:30 2009

<< Previous Message:  RE: 2 Veileds can't shoot tongues? - kinyonga, Mon Sep 21 15:26:53 2009