return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

python jealousy?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Morelia Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: meeslither at Sat Oct 17 18:37:31 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by meeslither ]  

I have been housing a juvenile pair of carpets together. The female is an F1 from wild caught adult Irian Jayas. She is very high strung but has a nice reduced pattern and high degree of pale greenish yellow and im dying to breed her. My concern is that her skittish nature might hinder my plans. So I cohabitate her with a one year old male diamond coastal in an attempt to socialize her. Ive handled her (name is Viola) daily since she was four days old because even at this young age her problem as well as her beauty was evident. The other night i took out her cage mate but not her. She seemed aware of what was going on, flew into a frenzy and rammed her head between the tank wall and lid, which is usually weighted down, escaping from her cage. It really looked like she was jealous that i had taken him out and not her. It was almost funny except for the fact she scrached her nose and tore off a scale in the process. Ive been keeping reptiles all my life and Ive never seen and animal so desperate for attention. Let alone seek attention! just crazy, thought id share.
Jason
GPZO

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

• You Are Herepython jealousy? - meeslither, Sat Oct 17 18:37:31 2009

>> Next topic:  ID help - krantz, Sun Oct 18 02:10:24 2009
<< Previous topic:  One month after rescue... - AmaraGayle, Thu Oct 15 21:06:14 2009