return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Emydura subglobosa breeding.

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Turtles ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Matt-D at Thu Oct 29 21:52:47 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Matt-D ]  

Has anyone on the forum had luck breeding these turtles? I have a mature pair that have laid 12 eggs now (5 on October 3rd, 6 on the 24th and one in the water on the 26th, the rest were buried properly in sand). The eggs buried in the sand were only left overnight or so, the female made quite a mess while nesting so it was easy to tell she had done so. All of the eggs look great in size and shape but there are no blood vessels present in any so far. Would it be possible that the eggs of this species go through diapause? I have the eggs sitting at 82 degrees F, and 75% humidity. I am incubating them all in a 10 inch delicup with small holes drilled around the outside and they are nestled in damp sphagnum moss. My incubator is made from a styrofoam box with an aquarium heater and a brick for the egg container to rest on. My female has only been with the male since the mid summer and as far as I know has never been bred before. The male is around 4 inches and female is around 7-8". Any info is appreciated!

Matt

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

• You Are HereEmydura subglobosa breeding. - Matt-D, Thu Oct 29 21:52:47 2009

>> Next topic:  Dwarf Golden Boxleaf and Lantana - Tortugas, Thu Oct 29 22:35:59 2009
<< Previous topic:  Turtle shell help - - auzzie425, Wed Oct 21 04:16:01 2009