return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Yikes is RIGHT!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Collared Lizards ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Rosebuds at Wed Nov 11 11:00:06 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Rosebuds ]  

Hon, I commend you for trying, but how in the world does the store expect to keep that range of animals healthy with one temp environment??? You are going from forest type dwellers to semi desert and desert! I just don't see how that is doable.

Jack, yes, you can use pedialyte or one of its generics instead of water in the dropper, but I am opposed to soaking the animal in it because I have seen bad results from that. Once you get some straight fluids down them, then you can mix in either baby food puree or my favorite, ReptiAid for insectivores, and I add a touch of soy yogurt.

Once you have the temps adjusted, and they MUST be adjusted or the babies just won't thrive, then two or three dropper feedings and a few soaks should be enough and you can reintroduce crix. Continue to offer water through the dropper at least one a day.

Our collared Queen and fabulous moderator has an excellent care sheet that you might find very informative. You can find it here:
http://www.suncharmers.com/id15.html

She also has a sexing guide with pics here
http://www.suncharmers.com/id10.html

We wish you luck and are here for you!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Yikes - Bartek, Wed Nov 11 10:28:18 2009